By Graham Glover –
I am not a prophet, nor the son of a prophet. So don’t bet your inheritance or retirement on these predictions. If any of them come true, I will take full credit for their result. If they don’t, I will blame everyone who has ever disagreed with my posts. If you have some predictions of your own, I welcome them. Try to enlighten the readers of The Jagged Word more than The Emperor’s Chair on what you think will transpire in the coming year.
1. Hillary Clinton will be the Democratic nominee for President in 2016. She’ll face some primary challengers, but nothing serious. If she is not the nominee, the Democrats have no chance of keeping the White House.
2. Jeb Bush will not be the Republican nominee for President in 2016. Ultimately, he won’t run. This is a shame, because Jeb is the only Republican who can and will beat Hillary. If it’s not Jeb, the Republican primary will be a bloodbath. If so, their only hope of winning is for Hillary to decide not to run.
3. The Oregon Ducks will defeat the Alabama Crimson Tide to win the first College Football Playoff Championship. But fear not SEC fans, after a 2 year hiatus, we will win the Championship next year.
4. President Obama will continue to be more assertive and although the Republicans will complain, he will be successful in several more Executive decisions. The U.S. Presidency, regardless of party, continues to strengthen and take on more governing power (King George III would have been jealous).
5. The Republican Congress, led by Speaker Boehner, will work with President Obama to pass several key pieces of legislation. The new Republican Senate, led by Leader McConnell and the Tea Party Caucus will balk, but ultimately succumb to the pragmatism of Speaker Boehner.
6. I will be able to purchase a Cuban cigar in the United States.
7. Obamacare will, once again, be upheld by the U.S. Supreme Court. It’s the law of the land people, time to move on…
8. The definition and institution of marriage will continue to evolve and change at the hands of the U.S. judicial system. Where everything ends up is anyone’s guess.
9. 2015 might not see it…but by 2016, the U.S. will be involved in another conflict in our perpetual war on terror.
10. The Florida Gator football team, led by their new coach, Jim McElwain, will go 9-3 in his inaugural season. Jim Harbaugh, the new coach of the Michigan Wolverines will defeat the Ohio State Buckeys, led by Urban Lyer.
Let me know what you think. Or better yet, offer some of your own predictions!
Happy New Year to all!