Beware, the following podcast is not for the faint of heart. It’s not for people who wear pastels, eat at Tapas restaurants and talk about politics as if its an intellectual enterprise. The pedal is to the metal. The moon lights up a clear Spring night. The headlights are off. Stick your head out the window and gulp the wind.
Call in from Tyler whose at another (you guessed it) conference!
1. JOHN MILTON’S PARADISE LOST. What a great epic poem! Listen to a little bit of it and enjoy discussion about the power of the story and word choice.
2. SHOULD CHURCHES “MAKE A DIFFERENCE”? Can churches ‘make a difference’ in terms of changing the community. Is that their job? What about the everyday boring good works of mom, dad, mcdonald’s worker?
3. PASTOR I SAW AN EPISODE ON THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL THAT TOLD ME HOW THE BIBLE WAS MADE! How do the pastors respond to pop historical ‘lack of’ criticism? Was the bible made by a couple of white guys in a room smoking cigars?
4. WHAT SHOULD EXPECT FROM A WORSHIP SERVICE? In the end what must one require to experience or hear in a worship service? Seriously! What is the least one should demand!
5. DO YOU ENCOURAGE GUYS TO BECOME PASTORS?
references – John Milton’s Paradise Lost, FF Bruce’s
music – dead bees, joel allen hess