“Als Gregor Samsa eines Morgens aus unruhigen Träumen erwachte, fand er sich in seinem Bett zu einem ungeheueren Ungeziefer verwandelt.” -Kafka, Verwandlung. Wake up from your existential nightmare! He is risen! Like Jacob wrestling with God, Kafka wrestling with identity, this show wrestles between the sacred and profane! Hop on in the ring!
Thank you to Kyle Dushane for giving us a generous sponsor for this week’s episode! Looking forward to playing the game ‘quite frankly’
1. BLOOD – can we eat it or not because I have to start weighing my options: Juicy rare Filet Mignon or Jesus!
2. WALK TO EMMAUS – Why does Jesus hide himself from the downtrodden has been disciples? Why the meal? What was Jesus goal? Is seeing believing?
3. IS THERE SUCH THING AS HELL AND DOES IT MATTER? Did the Pope really say there was no hell? Can we talk about Hell too much?
4. FATHERS OF DAUGHTERS. Paul has some great advice for dads with daughters. How into our kid’s boyfriends/girlfriends should we get – how close to them?
5. WOMEN PREACHERS TOLD US ABOUT THE RESURRECTION. Is Jurgen Moltmann right, that the resurrection account validates females in the pulpit?
music – Dead Bees, Joel Allen Hess (check his stuff out on soundcloud under willing virginia)