By Scott Keith –
“We are a Law & Gospel collective of creative contributors, dedicated to teaching people how Christ remains faithful even when we are faithless (2 Timothy 2:13). We provide a voice for Christians who are both Sinner & Saint (Romans 7:15-25). We promote the bad news that you are a greater sinner than you think (Isaiah 64:6-7) and the good news that Christ is a greater Savior than you can imagine (Romans 5:6-11). And get this: He will never let you go (Hebrews 13:5-6). We hold that life is not about what we do for God, but about what God has done for us. We hold that “Gospel” is not something you can live, but it is something you can believe. We hold that grace is freely offered to all, and we need it just as much as everyone else.”
So, Christ Hold Fast believes that sinners need to hear that even though their grip on God’s love is weak if not nonexistent, His grip on them, on account of Christ, will never fail. Christ holds fast! This year, in conjunction with 1517 the Legacy Project, Christ Hold Fast is putting on a conference in Orlando, Florida called: Hope, Grace, God and Prodigals. The conference is this week, February 18-20, and if you are anywhere near Orlando, or have some airline miles you need to burn, you should be there!
So, here are the ten reasons you need to come to Christ Hold Fast 2016:
- Hear David Zahl speak and rub shoulders with one of the coolest and kindest men you’ll ever meet. Dave is the Director of Mockingbird Ministries. Mockingbird seeks to connect the Christian faith with the realities of everyday life in fresh and down-to-earth ways. Dave is an excellent speaker that you won’t want to miss.
- You’ll finally get to talk to the author of the Withertongue Emails,Donavon Riley as he discusses the idea of the Simul: The Civil War In The Christian.
- Grab some sushi with Dr. Jeff Mallinsion and Dr. Daniel van Voorhis, hosts of Virtue in the Wasteland. Dr. Mallinson will be discussing Martin Luther’s Theology of the Cross: The Antidote for Toxic Theology, and Dr. van Voorhis will discuss Hope Through Grace in Addiction.
- Ask Chad a question. Chad Bird is an author and speaker who’s devoted to honest Christianity that addresses the raw realities of life. The Gospel is for broken, messed up people like himself. Whether he’s writing or speaking, his focus remains on God’s Good News for our world: that Jesus is the friend of sinners.
- Maybe get the chance to sit in on a recording of Pirate Christian Radio with Chris Rosebrough (actually, I don’t know if he is recording an episode while at the conference). Pastor Rosebrough will be hosting a panel discussion that you won’t want to miss!
- Who would ever want to miss the chance to hear Steve Brown’s sultry bass voice? Well, you won’t have to miss out if you come to Christ Hold Fast. Steve is the Director of Key Life Ministries. Key Life exists to communicate that the deepest message of the ministry of Jesus and the Bible is the radical grace of God to sinners and sufferers. Because life is hard for everyone, grace is for all of us.
- You just might run into Rod Rosenbladt. Who knows, you may even be able to bum a cigarette off of him, or buy him a drink in the hotel bar. He may even sit in on a panel discussion or sign a book or two.
- If you come, you’ll get to say thanks to the guy who put it all together, Daniel Emery Price. Daniel is the Director of Christ Hold Fast and the most energetic tall man you’ll ever meet. His heart for serving those broken by the church is almost unparalleled as is his zeal for the Gospel.
- Buy a signed copy of my book, Being Dad, while you’re there. I (Scott Keith) will be speaking on Hope Through the Grace of the Father to Prodigals Everywhere. I’d love to meet you and thank you for your support.
- The most important reason to come to the Christ Hold Fast conference is because Christ will be preached there in His dying office for you. The message that Christ died for you and rose again on the third day as the first fruits of your resurrection, will be in abundant supply. Now, you don’t want to miss that!
Check out all of the details here, and I hope to see you there!